Monday, December 31, 2012
Here is some conclusive evidence that Christianity is - far from a source of good or virtue - is indelibly bad or unhealthy. Driving back to Manila in the Philippines on Sunday 30th Dec 2012 we were coming down Mindanao Avenue, and just before Tandang Sora Avenue, in Quezon Province, we struck a fully congested area. It was congested for a number of kilometres. The reason as it would turn out was a litany of Christians 'triple-parking' along a 1-kilometre stretch of Mindanao Road. What are to make of this inconsideration. Well, as you can imagine, I, as an atheist was shocked. This does indeed convey what I have always known of religion - that it's:
1. Asystematic and institutionalised framework of ideas for the disregard for others - in this case - road users
2. A self-righteous superiority complex that spurns accountability
3. A blatant disregard for their teachings - you are designed to fail - having sabotaged your mind
4. An acquiescence which conveys a lack of moral conviction - deference to other so-called 'superiors'
5. Tokenism - since they probably don't turn up for all Sundays
6. Repudiation of mind precluding empathy - You can't consider others well if you can't think; and faith is the repudiation of mind and evidence, i.e. Faith = acceptance without evidence
Now, you might wonder whether it was always like this? I doubt it. I suspect that most turn up for a special Xmas; so all are in attendance on this particular day. Does it matter? Some of you will no doubt cast dispersions upon some members of this congregation. The issue is not whether some are better than others; the issue is whether a so-called 'moral agency' can claim any moral credence when so many of its members perform actions such as these. Their moral standing so close to Xmas is all the more intriguing. Not true believers? Well, I disagree. This is exactly the conduct of Christian believers. They possess absolutely no moral ambitious. I don't think anyone is capable of believing in the teachings of God. You would be dead if you tried. It is a set of edicts which you were 'designed to fail'. It is a set of rationalisations which are designed to deliver power to authorities; and it really does not matter if you are a 'sinner' because that's just your nature. So long as you convey a willingness to try, God's your witness, so the ball is in your court. Is it any wonder that we don't just allow Christian law-breakers to 'go free' because they are such great exponents of moral conscience. I actually think they are quite pathetic in this respect. Ardent rationalists; given that they have sabotaged their mind.
That is the source of their authority:
1. Your deference to God's representative on earth
2. Your moral apprehension for failing to live up to their impossible standards
Now, I personally don't think showing consideration for other drivers is a difficult task. But herein lies two problems with religion:
1. Intent - These people show no intent to consider others. You cannot block traffic to this extent and not see it. These cars were triple parked; not just double parked.
2. Empathy - These conveyed no plan or ability to anticipate the needs of others. I would attribute this to their repudiation of the mind. i.e. Their failure to think manifests in their incapacity to actually anticipate and respect the needs of others.
Given that they did not consider the needs of others; it is apparent that no one planned to avert this problem; and they did not anticipate its occurrence. This must occur every Xmas; so this appears to be a blatant, long-standing disregard for other drivers.
The church in question is the 'Our Lady of Annunciation Parish', Dioceses of Novaliches, Quezon City. You can show your disdain at their website. Here is how not to get there. I'm not here to condemn; though I am one to judge because religion is doing irrevocable injury to our communities. Not just these inconsiderate people, but the pastors who are blatantly hypocritical, who place their institution's interests upon the interests of their congregation.
Andrew Sheldon www.sheldonthinks.com
Attention all atheists!!
In fact anyone who has had an interesting encounter with a Christian which involved manipulation, deception or blatant rationalisation. This is research or material for a forthcoming book. I am not suggesting that all Christians are criminals, dangerous or threats to society, but I am suggesting that Christianity is a basis for moral inefficacy. There is a reason why Christian nations are always at war. There is a reason why former Christians (or children of Christians) have a tendency to drift into cults and extreme religious groups. Thank you for any life experiences you can recall. ----------------------------------------------- Andrew Sheldon www.sheldonthinks.com